Burning Permit Reminder
Union Bay Fire Rescue would like to remind all residents within the Union Bay Fire Protection Area that Burning Permits are once again required from April 1 until Oct 31.
- No Permit required for Campfire / Beach Fire (Max 0.5 meter X 0.5 meter)
- Permits are required for:
- Yard Waste (Max 2 meter X 2 Meter)
- Category 2 Bush / Slash Burning (Max 2 piles burning concurrently not to exceed 2 meters in height and 3 meters in width, or stubble or grass over an area that does not exceed 0.2 ha)
- Category 3 Industrial & Resource management Burning (Max 3 or more piles burning concurrently with each not exceeding 2 meters in height and 3 meters in width, or one or more piles exceeding 2 meters in height and 3 meters in width, or one or more windrows, stubble, or grass over an area exceeding 0.2 ha)
Open Burns must also adhere to the Ventilation Index, and the Open Burning Smoke Control Regulation.
Please visit the Open Burning / Permits page for more information, and the online permit application.
Quick reference links:
Ventilation Index Interactive Map