Heat Warning #4 Aug 30-31st – Cooling services in CV
The Comox Valley regional Heat Safety page has been updated to reflect the latest heat warning info for Aug 30-31st from Environment Canada for the Comox Valley area (see email below from EMBC). These updates include a list of local urban cooling spaces and misting stations.
Issued at 2022-08-29 10:58AM PDT by Environment Canada:
Heat warning issued for:
East Vancouver Island, B.C. (081300)
Inland Vancouver Island, B.C. (081500)
Sunshine Coast – Saltery Bay to Powell River, B.C. (082320)
- Threat: Daytime high temperatures near or above 30 degrees Celsius. Early morning low temperatures of 16 degrees Celsius.
- When: Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Locations: Inland Vancouver Island, East Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast, and Howe Sound.
- A ridge of high pressure will bring a late season heat wave to parts of the South Coast this week.
- The peak daytime high temperatures are expected from Tuesday to Wednesday, but some locations may hang onto the heat through late this week.
- Temperatures reaching 29 degrees Celsius combined with overnight lows near 16 degrees Celsius are expected for the next 2 days.
- Temperatures will remain above seasonal but below heat warning criteria through the long weekend.
Thank you for your continued support and collaboration.